Sunday, November 23, 2014

Crazy Rich

I just listened to an audiobook about the Johnson and Johnson family. Yep, the baby powder and band aids people. It was about the 3 brothers that started the company and their descendants.  Those people are crazy and rich. 

I'm not sure anyone in the family- past, present and future- came out for the better with ALL THAT MONEY. 

I'm talking unimaginable money. Billions. Many descendants. And NOBODY happy, content or unscathed. 

It made me think about how good I've got it. About what it means to have to work- and can't imagine a life without work, without purpose. 

The Bible in Ecclesiastes tells us it's good for man to be happy and content in his work- it's from God. 

I find it a happy life- the simple life. Marriage, taking care of my kids, my home, my yard- my work. 

It's good to take a day of rest. While the cold rain pours down outside- and take a long hot bath with a cup of hot tea and- for me- a running magazine. 

Oh the simple blessings of life. Joy. Contentment. 

No comments: