Thursday, April 14, 2016

Rest April 14, 2011

Rest

I have noticed in my life that God brings times of work and times of rest.  A time of rest is coming.  But it will be a productive time.  God speaks into us before He speaks through us.  God knows the gifts and desires He has given me.  I know them.  Now, I am asking Him to take these pieces and make them a whole.  I thought that when He called me to a particular calling that it would be like that for all of my life.  But no, I find in my life the callings seem to be stepping stones.  I remain on one stone for awhile until He calls me to the next.  But all stones lead to one way, they all have a purpose.  My problem is that I have to learn the difference between God preparing me and making me aware of the next step and Satan's disgruntled Kentucky accent in my head, trying to make me think I am just dissatisfied with where I am.  But that is not it at all.  I am satisfied.  But there is a holy (set apart by God) push inside of me that it's time to take the next step.  Now the question is, it's time but I'm not sure what to do.  How does this work?  How do all these pieces fit together? 

But for now...and while I wait on Him:

I laid it down in silence
   this work of mine,
And took what had been sent me-
   A resting time.
The Master's voice had called me
   To rest apart;
"Apart with Jesus only,"
   Echoed my heart.

I took the rest and stillness
   From His own hand,
And felt this present illness
   Was what He planned.
How often we choose to labor,
   When He says "Rest"-
Our ways are blind and crooked;
   His way is best.

Work He Himself has given,
   He will complete.
There may be other errands
   For tired feet;
There may be other duties
   For tired hands,
The present, is obedience
   To His commands.

There is a blessed resting
   In lying still,
In letting His hand mold us
   Just as He will.
His work must be completed.
   His lesson set;
He is the Master Workman:
   Do not forget!

It is not only "working."
   We must be trained;
And Jesus "learned" obedience,
   Through suffering gained.
For us, His yoke is easy,
   His burden light.
His discipline most needful,
   And all is right.

We are to be His servants;
   We never choose
If this tool or if that one
   Our hands will use.
In working or in waiting
   May we fulfill
Not ours at all, but only
   The Master's will!-       selected

God provides resting places as well as working places.  So rest and be thankful when He brings you, tired and weary, to streams along the way. - Streams in the Desert

No comments: