Friday, December 19, 2014

"I will be with you."


Every year I end the year with writing in my journal about the year. Then I write about my hopes and plans and dreams for the new year. I love going back and reading them.
In 2014 I actually DID some of the things I wrote I wanted to do (run a marathon, Ireland with Nick, new living room, finished my discipleship training class and started sitting in counseling/discipleship with my mentor so that I, too, could be a counselor/discipler).
There was a lot, I didn't get to do.
There was a lot of things that I got to do that was not in my journal to do ( 2 women's bible study/fellowship at my house with wonderful women!).
When 2014 started I did not expect so many deaths and illnesses this year. So unexpected. My mother in law and her sister. My dearest friend's mother and husband. My uncle. My son-in-love's grandfather. My sister-in-law's terrible illness the whole last half of the year. My cousin's granddaughter's illness. A woman I work for who was/is my dear friend- an illness- that robbed her memory and filled her with untrue hallucinations.
But this I have found to be the most truth I will ever ever know- no matter what a new year holds or an old year held:
But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator...
And He who formed you...
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
You are precious in My sight,
You are honored and I love you,
Do not fear, for I am with you;
Everyone who is called by My name,
And whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.” (from Isaiah 43)

No comments: