Monday, September 16, 2013

A New Day

I entitle today's blog as "A New Day" but in actuality it is a new TIME in my life.  I have so been looking forward to this time!  I FINALLY started Advanced Discipleship Training (ADT)!  It is an 8 month course, and for me $200 a month.  That's a lot of money for me, especially since Nick and I are saving for our trip to Ireland and England next June.

So, I've made some changes I am hoping to stick with : )  This last week at ADT was Concept of God and Intimacy with God.  I want a deliberate time of quiet intimacy with Jesus each time before I head out of my day.  It is possible that I do this.  I have just found especially since the beginning of summer that I am so busy.  I desire a less busy life.  I feel scattered, very often.  Now, know this, I have intimacy with God- even if I don't do this.  I know this.  But- I think this is something God is asking me to do right now, just be quiet with Him.  

God is going to rearrange my schedule.  I don't know how, but He is.  We had a half an hour at ADT to sit quietly before the Lord.  He told me a lot things.  In the end, I surrendered my time, my work, my finances, my ministries, my family, my Nick, my attitude, judgments and criticisms, to Him.  He is not only going to rearrange my life- but ME.  I thank You, my Lord!

So, it has begun....

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: