Friday, December 18, 2009

Jesus. My dear, beloved, sweet Jesus. His name fills my heart with such joy! I've have known Him as my Life for over 14 months now. The best time of my life! I feel as if I am nestled up to my Lord at all times. I feel comforted, held, protected and soothed. Whenever I get all tangled and jangled inside, I know the Way to overcome the mess. I fix my eyes on Jesus. I lay aside whatever encumbers and entangles me and then allow Him to be, well..my God. My Provider, Sustainer and Keeper. Oh He loves me, He cares for me. He holds all things together...and I would be one of those "all things". He holds me together! He holds my husband and children together. He's the One that covers me with His Self when the world around me rages and I just breathe Him in. I close my eyes, lean into Him and allow Him to care for me as His child. Nothing gets past my Jesus. He knows all things.

In John 4 is the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman. He tells her that whoever drinks of the water from the well WILL thirst again. In verse 14 He says to her, "but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

Often I hear, "I am so hungry and thirsty for God." I used to feel that way also. For me I think it was I needed to "feel" God more. Even in our churches I think we tend to think some people are more spiritual because they are always saying they are hungry or thirsting for God. We encourage them to be hungry and thirsty for God or more of God.

But the verse doesn't say we are going to be more thirsty for God. It says that whoever drinks of the water He gives us will NEVER thirst. It also says it will become a WELL and springing up! Friends, He...Jesus...is the Living Water. When we come to know Him as who He really is...Truth, Rest, Peace, Joy and Life then we will NOT thirst again. We are abiding in Him. And He is us.

There was a tree on the farm that I grew up on, right near our house and I would play under and around that tree. One time I tied a rope around that tree. As time goes on I quit playing around that tree. Eventually though I had to mow around the tree. Years later that rope had grow into that tree. Or wait, did the tree grow around the rope? Either way, the rope became part of the tree...so deeply embedded it could never be removed. That is what coming to truly trust and abide in Christ is like. When we abide in Him and He in us...we become deeply embedded in...each other.

I am filled with the Living Water. I am not thirsting for Him because He is such apart of me. He is my Life. I am His vessel. He is my Well, springing up in me...filling me with Himself, continually.

I adore Him. I praise Him for being my Living Water. My unending Well. I praise Him for opening my heart and life to the truth of Who He is...and who I am because of Him!

Amen!

No comments: